What personal information we collect
Before you can access any of the services which we make available through our website, we require you to register to play the lottery. On the registration page we ask for your contact details including your title, full name, address, payment details (to allow you to purchase tickets,) and email address. We may also store details of communications between you and us, including any customer feedback.
What we use your personal data for
We only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services (including competition and donation facilities) to you and to administer user records.
- To process transactions between us including the purchase of tickets to the competition. To arrange for delivery of prizes.
- Where you opt in to receiving GiveandWin communications and to receive regular email updates.
- In connection with the advertising and marketing of any sponsor prizes.
For full details of the data we collect and the purposes for which we process this data, please see Capen’s notification to the Information Commissioner’s Office under the registration number listed below.
Who we can disclose your personal data to
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone save for the following purposes.
- We will disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law or with legal process; (ii) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (iii) prevent fraud; (iv) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; or (v) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public
- We may employ other companies to provide services for us, including for example, processing of payments and freight which services are necessary in order for us to be able to provide our services to you. These companies have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and not for any other purposes and are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose
- We will disclose your personal data to providers of prizes in the lottery to enable the distribution of prizes.
- To any potential purchasers or investors in any company within the Capen Ltd Group.
- To any third parties who provide services to the Company in order to enable us to provide you with gaming and competition services, including by way of example payment processors and data verifiers.
If at any time we wish to disclose your personal data in circumstances other than those above, we will always obtain your consent before doing so.
We store your personal details on our servers in the United Kingdom and we will not be transferring your data outside the European Union.
List of suppliers
Cookies & sessions
What is a cookie or session? A cookie is a text string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk (or the memory of your mobile device) so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
To find out more about cookies, what they are used for and how to remove them, please visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe’s website athttp://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
The data controller of our website is Capen Limited (“Capen“), a company registered in England and Wales (company number 8141955 (England)), an external lottery manager (certificate number 000-036257-R-317724-001) whose registered office is at B55, The Ugli Building, 56 Wood Land, London, W12 7SB.
Capen are also registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner under the registration number ZA027873. If you have any questions regarding your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You can request to see your personal data which we hold, subject to the payment of a nominal fee to cover the administration required. If you believe that any of your personal data we hold is incorrect then you can request that we amend your personal data. You can also request that we delete some or all of your personal data which we will do on your request save where we are required by law to keep records.
Our safekeeping of your data
Capen will periodically evaluate your personal data which we hold to determine whether we should continue to hold it. Capen has implemented all appropriate technical, organisational and security procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access or from accidental loss or corruption. Please note that our storage of your personal data is incidental to our provision of our services to you and does not absolve you of your responsibility to back up your important information.
How to unsubscribe
Give and Win is committed to protecting the privacy of participants. Personal information that is collected from participants is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. As well as processing your Lottery entries, the Charity may also use your information to notify you of free prize draws and offers by GiveandWin or its sponsors which may be of interest to you. In providing your information to Give and Win, you consent Give and Win using your information for these purposes. If you do not wish Give and Win to contact you in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this site you consent to our collection and use of your personal data for the purposes set out above.